Sunday, March 21, 2010

And the winner is....

My new kid is in the lead.

When I brought Spawn home from the hospital, our beloved cat seemed large and grotesque. Our cat is no longer with us. That's just a coincidence, I swear. Now, I'm not saying that Spawn is the new family cat but BabyB does make her seem um, ginormous. Anyway, I still love her and everything but something has changed. First off, because of my discomfort and fatigue at the end of the pregnancy, my Associate really had to step up and became the primary caregiver while I became more and more like the mom from What's Eating Gilbert Grape, shouting orders from the couch or bed. Then, when I was in the hospital, it was just the two of them. End result: they're best friends forever and I'm the odd mom out.

Or am I? Because it just so happens that I have a new baby that I can mold into my very own bestie. And I'm pretty confident that she's really into this idea because she'd been brown nosing since she was born. Exhibit A: an hour after I got to the hospital, she was born. Case closed. She's obviously courting me. And it's working! She weighed more, was taller than Spawn was, and she doesn't have daily three hour screaming fits like Spawn did. So... in short, BabyB is faster, stronger, bigger and just generally the evolution of human beings in every way. Obviously.

We have a winner**!

**miscmom reserves the right to change favorites at any time, without notice or logic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails