Wednesday, November 11, 2009

YOU’RE WELCOME.


While I do not have a fancy degree and I have not written books on child development, I have successfully survived the first year*. I thought I would pass on the wisdom I’ve acquired the hard way and hopefully you can avoid some of my mistakes or simply revel in my sophisticated parenting style. Let’s jump right in, shall?

One of my favorite and oft- quoted sayings is : don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Which reminds me of today’s tip; if you have to pee, pee. Don’t put it off. This is not for your health but for your peace of mind. As soon as you realize that you’ve put off peeing to the last second, your very own Spawn will start to cry, decide to take his first steps, vomit all over herself, choke, sing the national anthem in it’s entirety (both official languages), or shit through his diaper and clothes. I also like: if my aunt had balls, she’d be my uncle. Anyway, you’re welcome.

*Disclaimer: I do have a regular degree and I write a blog, the poor man’s book, so…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails