Wednesday, November 11, 2009

“ I don’t know why you let me go to University. It’s like taking me to the top of the mountain and showing me the world, and then marching me back down, and saying, “That’s what you can’t have Benny, you silly great fat article. Here’s what you can have: Knockglen for the rest of your life and married to Sean bloody Walsh!” I’d rather be married to a bloody lizard! ”


Bernadette ‘Benny’ Hogan, “Circle Of Friends”, 1995

In the desperate race for winning my love my only ex-utero child is slipping behind. Sad to say. She had been sleeping in until 8 or later for the last couple weeks but yesterday and today she was up at 6. Shame on me. Shame on me for trusting a good pattern to last. Have I learned nothing in the last 11 months?! Anyway, as I lay awake in my bed, bitterly disappointed that Spawn was yelling my name, I was reminded of this scene from Cirle Of Friends. I hear you, Benny. I feel your pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails