Wednesday, November 11, 2009

milestone: good timing

My child has reached yet another vital developmental milestone: good timing. I was initially bummed that Spawn (#1) threw one of her first tantrums in public. Tonight. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had completely missed the point!

Had she really wanted to piss me off, she would have lost it as soon as my food arrived or knocked my glass over or something. But she was a delight(ish) during dinner and it wasn’t until I picked her up out of the high chair that she decided to pitch a fit. I couldn’t make her stop and she even tried to ram my face with her’s (which makes me laugh, so nice try) and I gave up and quickly left the restaurant. In fact, I left so quickly that my brother had to pay for me. SCORE! My dependent is really starting to pay out!

You cannot teach that kind of timing, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails