Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Is there a doctor in the house?
Parenting in public is different than parenting at home and people need to remember that. Some people may let their kids get away with more in public because they don't want to appear high strung or as angry as they probably are. I get annoyed if my dependent makes me look bad. I especially hate when someone says, "remember when your kid did this really annoying/bad thing?" I don't like to be reminded. But typically I like parenting in public better. It's easier because there are more distractions for her. Also, I can give her bigger chunks of food because someone is bound to know the heimlich maneuver.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! FYI, I don't know the heimlich...I do have a faint memory of learning to do it on a baby though...from when I took the babysitter's course...obv.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails